Monday, May 9, 2011

Created in his image...

The spring semester has proven to be much more difficult that I ever imagined dear readers. I anticipated University life to be much more difficult, but the time constraint was not something I was prepared for. I did find a new creative outlet in Ceramics, and my drawing skills are markedly improved, as noted by these tow examples from figure drawing. Le husband is also thrilled that the creative energy that I normally funnel into home re decorating is being diverted. As one of few adult students I have garnered a bit of a reputation for being mean. The fact that I realize how important the passing of time is makes a small division between me and my classmates - most notably during critiques.

Sadly the fact that I am brutally honest does not encourage the same behaviour in others - just fear. I must admit that while others would feel disparaged after being called a douchebag. I relish the title, of course I have had the epithets of faggot and queer hurled at me so many times I think this is a step in the right direction.

No comments: