Sunday, March 29, 2009

One more reason...




After a particularly harrowing dining experience this weekend, I can say that I love my husband more and more each day. Upon a long unscheduled workday we decided to scrap the homemade dinner and go for a barbecue sandwhich (sans onions) from Wolfgang Puck Express. I eat there at least once a week for this gem of a sandwhich, it's been a favorite of mine for nearly two years now, coupled with the delicious rosemary fries. I heartily recommend the vegetarian Butternut Squash Soup as well. Lunch is really casual, and that was the original WP concept, but I don't dislike the more formal affair that dinner has become. What I dislike in any establishemnt is an incompetant waitperson who in our case was named Ryan. We were told of the wine specials by each of the staff members (all three of them) that we came in contact with before we were seated. Having declined our waitperson wrote us off as cheap. I hope that the two blondes who were the focus of his attention paid him for his services. Our meals sat on the ledge for 10 minutes before being delivered to our table, our glasses sat empty except for a few melting ice cubes, and I was timing our exit via cell phone, after 20 minutes of no contact, I call it a loss. Having myself worked in the service industry I understand that you may not neccessarily see the direct impact of running someone else's food, but as a consumer I don't care who delivers my food just get it from the kitchen to the table promtly. As much as I like WP Express we have had a few mistakes with them preparing orders as asked, so we always do a double check for the onios Larry and I both dislike. To our dismay they were present, as our server didn't come to check on us another nice employee did. When she asked, "How is Everything?" I said in all honesty that truly the service was horrible we had not had refills on our tea since we arrived, trust me its a southern thing. The order was late, and prepared incorrectly. She quickly offered to have them re prepared, which makes me leary for two reasons they will rush the order as you've already waited once and two I'm already at the mercy of the waitstaff before becoming public enemy #1. So I declined. Ryan never once apologized, he did immediately bring a pitcher to refill our drinks but this is not his particular fortay as they were never filled again, nor for that matter were the other two tables within our vicinity under his care. This does not include the two blondes whose proverbial cup runneth over. The highlight of the evening was when our pompous waiter asked Larry if everything was okay. Larry's response was priceless: "The food is good."

No comments: